WHAT KEEP IN MIND WHEN CHOOSING A LISTING AGENT?
- How does the agent market your property?
- How will the agent take pictures of your property? Professionally or with his own cell phone?
- How big is the agent’s client database?
- Does the agent have international outreach with his company or within his own group?
- What if someone wants to see your property on a Sunday morning – is the agent willing to go show it in the weekend?
- Is the agent going to organize open houses?
- Does the agent use social media to market this property or any other important websites?
- Does the agent use any other marketing material that sets him apart from the other agents? Eg. videos, glossy flyers, global campaigns and so forth.
- Does the agent have a high ranking and presentable website?
- Does the agent always answer his phone? Or is it hard to reach him?
- How many properties has this agent listed/sold in his career?
- Does the agent have experience with this kind of listings and the potential buyers it attracts? Market knowledge
- Can your agent tell you which likewise properties have sold in the last half year, and what they have sold for?
- Can your agent tell you which properties are your 5 biggest competitors in the market right now and how your property distinguishes itself in today’s market?
- How are the agent’s negotiating techniques to get you the best price? Does he normally sell close to asking price?